Meal prep and planning can be a little overwhelming at first. Especially if you’re constantly on-the-go or have small children. I always recommend when you’re first starting to take it one meal at a time and eventually you’ll get the hang of it. Here are 4 tips and 4 essentials that have changed the way I meal prep and meal plan.
Plus, you can enter in my Meal Prep & Planning Nutrition Pack Giveaway of Vega, Kind, CORE and BENTGO products to get your started. Instructions on how to enter at the end of the post.
So, where do you start?
- Find a few new dishes to try each week.
- Decide on a budget.
- Choose a a few hours one day to either plan or prepare your meals for the week – by getting it done once, it will feel less overwhelming.
- Decide your overall ‘food mood’ each week, before making your list, and go from there!
What are some essentials I should include in my meal prep and planning?
Protein Power: Vega
So why is protein so important? Many women associate huge, crazy muscles with protein powder. But that’s not case. Protein not only helps to build muscle, but repair muscle. If you’re working out a lot, especially with strength training, you’ll want to make sure you ‘recover’ by having a lot of protein. When it comes down to deciding which one to choose, it’s definitely based on how many grams of protein you need, personal taste and your budget. My go-to protein powder for the past 6 months has been Vega (specifically the Vega Sport product line).
What I love about Vega Sport:
The ingredients are simple to understand, it’s low-calorie and a vegan plant-based protein powder. One scoop of Vega Sport contains 30 grams of protein and 150 calories. Beside the nutritional value the Vega Sport line tastes great and blends we’ll in my smoothies. I would defiently recommend trying a sample pack of the vanilla flavors first and then branching out from there. They practically have a flavor that everyone will love!
Smart Snacking: KIND Bars
Whether you’re constantly on-the-move or sitting at a desk for hours, snack can be hard! It’s so easy to grab something out of the office vending machine or grab something quick that’s unhealthy. One of product that’s truly helped me snack smarter are KIND products. I use KIND granola in tons of recipes (check out one of my favorites here – Berry Parfait) and heavily rely on KIND bars when I’m in a crunch for time. My absolute favorite so far has been the Raspberry Chia bar.
What I love about KIND bars:
- All natural and easy-to-understand ingredients,
- Each bar contains either whole nuts, fruits and/or whole grains
- There are tons of flavors to try so you’ll never get bored
Hydrate On-The-Go: CORE water
Between sitting at a desk for hours on conference calls, barre classes, trying to run a million errands during the weekend and training for monthly races. You can imagine how quickly my body quickly gets depleted so I’m always reaching for as much water as possible. One of my go-to is to reach for a bottle of CORE.
CORE water is ultra-purified and has a blend of electrolytes and minerals that complement the levels that naturally occur in the human body (source: CORE). If you’re a soda drinker or have a sweet tooth, try their line of fruit infused beverages ( CORE organic). They are only 5 calories per serving, contain antioxidants and have some delicious flavors!
Meals On-The-Go: BENTGO lunch box
One of my newest go-to solutions for meal prepping is the BENTGO Bento Box. It’s compact and fits in all of my lunch bags (including the Old Navy “EAT” lunch bag that comes with the giveaway). Plus, the dividers are essential to keep items separated and for taking snacks on-the-go. The ‘Bentgo includes two stackable containers with lids, built-in plastic silverware, and a secure strap for easy transportation. Not only does the Bentgo look awesome with its colorful and sleek design, it is also microwavable, dishwasher safe, & BPA-Free (Source: BENTGO).
With just a little bit of time, these 4 tips and essentials, you’ll be a meal-planning pro before you know it, and chances are, your busy schedule will thank you for it! You can look forward to having healthy meals whenever you need them, and you can feel better about what you’re doing to stay healthy and fit, with just a bit of prep work.
- Vega ONE Vegan nutritional protein mixes (3 different options to try)
- KIND fruit and antioxidant bars (3 yummy flavors)
- CORE nutrient enhanced water with electrolytes and minerals
- BENT2GO‘s awesome double bento box style lunch container
- Old Navy spacious “EAT” lunch bag
- Follow me Instagram or Facebook (if you’re not following already).
- Tag three friends (or four or more) on the latest Fit Life with Fran Instagram or Facebook giveaway post.
- Comment below on this post with your favorite food item that helps you like to meal prep.