A few of my goals this summer are to make more connections, take well needed self- care breaks and try out lots of easy no-hassle recipes. Say hello to these tasty, easy-to-make and pool-party-friendly Summer Mango Chickpea Tacos.
Who says tacos are just for Tuesdays?! I recently joined in the ‘B3 Anywhere’ challenge from barre 3 (you can sign up and join me for the challenge here). Their ‘Summer Tacos’ recipe got me inspired to add some sweetness to one my favorite foods – chickpeas.
Makes about 4 servings*
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups of a greens mix (or your favorite green)
- 1 ½ cups mango, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- ½ tbs. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp chili powder (adds crunchiness)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- corn tortillas (best if warmed before serving)
Ingredients to top:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- your favorite salsa or hot sauce
- For Mango Pico: Combine the mango, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Adjust seasoning as needed.
2. Add chickpeas to a large pan. Season with chili powder, cumin, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with avocado or olive oil. Roast chickpeas at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
3. Add greens, chickpeas and mango pico to each taco. Top each taco with a few avocado slices and drizzle with your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
I hope you enjoy these tacos as much as I do! What are some of your summer goals?
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!