This workout is quick 3-move power abs workout that will engage your core and help tone your midsection! As you can tell from the video — no shoes required – lol. This workout is perfect to use as a “move of the day” workout or added on to a cardio workout.
Remember — if you need to modify the workout listen to your body and modify. Try this out at home and send me your sweaty selfies #fitlifecrew! Ready to rock this workout? Let’s do it!
Here are the instructions:
Move 1: Plank to Downward Dog
- Step 1A: Get into push-up position with arms straight (don’t lock elbows), feet shoulder-width apart, and hands directly under shoulders. Bend elbows to lower down as far as you can, then straighten them.
- Step 1B: Lift your hips toward the ceiling as you push back into Down Dog position, pressing your heels toward the floor and touching you hand to your lower leg. Return to plank position.
Move 2: Scissor Kicks
- Step 2A: Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your legs side by side and extended. Place your fingertips on your head just behind your ears to provide a little support for your head.
- Step 2B: Lower your legs in a scissoring motion and hover your heels a couple inches off the mat.
Move 3: Side Plank Dips
- Step 3A: Get into side plank position with one foot on top of the other, squeezing your abs and butt as you do so.
- Step 3B: Dip your hips down toward the floor and lift them higher than neutral. Make sure to switch sides!
Complete each move for 45 seconds. Come to standing and rest for 2 minutes. Repeat this sequence 3-4 times! Share this workout with your friends by clicking the social links!