One of my favorite and easiest meals to make is definitely this 3-Bean One Pot Vegan Chili. Having a bowl of this chili reminds me of dinners where my mom would add all of our favorite foods to the crockpot and let it cook all day. My brother and I would return to the house after school and smell the deliciousness cooking. There was plenty of food to go around and each bowl from the crockpot was like a bowl of love.
Now that I’m older, I try mix it up a little different with 1-pot meals. My partner and I alternate between using a stovetop pot and crockpot but one thing is constant — we like easy to make meals — so this chili is perfect! Don’t get overwhelmed by the number of ingriedients because the great thing about this meal is that everything goes into one pot so it’s easy peasy. Whether you use this recipe for meal prep or invite a few friends over for dinner — I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 can of chickpeas (10-12 oz if dry beans)
- 5-7 oz of mushrooms diced
- 1 can of black beans (10-12 oz if dry beans)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans (10-12 oz if dry beans)
- 1 can yellow and white corn (rinsed)
1/2-1 bell pepper diced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped or dry parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped or dry oregano (can be substituted for 1/2 cup of Italian seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne (more or less to taste) or 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and/or brown sugar to taste
- Heat olive oil in on low temperature pot or in slow cooker. Once oil is hot, add diced onions and cook until onions translucent.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and seasoning. Cook until mushrooms browning and bell pepper tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook to desired texture of beans. Scoop into bowls (or tupperware for later) and enjoy!
*For additional smokiness or flavor, can add a can of Amy’s Black Bean Soup.